Some words from Chef Amelia...
“I´m a passionate of extra virgin olive oil.
I cannot understand the traditions and the gastronomy of my country without this golden liquid, as well as cannot think of any of my family recipes with it either.
That´s why I feel I need to share with you all the knowledge I got through all these years of studying and tasting myself that led me to be able to choose the best EVOO, from my personal and professional point of view, for each culinary technique or preparation. Shall we start?” – Chef Amelia.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, THE SPANISH LIQUID GOLD.
You will learn:
- How to distinguish an extra virgin olive oil from another that is not.
- The different varieties of olives and the method of production which .
- Organoleptic properties of EVOO and how to taste olive oil like a pro.
- How to pick the most suitable EVOO according to the dish that you want to make.
- Helth benefits and best uses in cooking.
For all that matter we will taste:
- 4 different EVOO premium.
- 1 EVOO not premium
- 1 olive oil, not extra virgin but refined.
ALSO LEARNING BY TASTING...
We learn by tasting how some food could be enhanced by adding EVOO:
- Tomato & avocado.
- Warm bread and aromatics.
- Chocolate ice cream.
This experience includes drinks such as our best selection of red and white wines from Spain to pair with the tapas we are preparing with EVOO.
Lasting: 2 hours and a half.
Morning suggested timing: 11:00 – 13:30 (we can adapt to your program upon request if there´s availability).
Afternoon suggested timing: 17:30 – 20:00 (we can adapt to your program upon request if there´s availability).